Tax Preparer: Full Time, Year round position
TAX PREPARERS are required to have a Current PTIN, CPE , EA or RTRP designation and be current and up to date with all continuing education requirements. Knowledge, experience and skills in preparing 1040, 1120, 1120-S, 1065 returns with all schedules necessary, with a strong emphasis on schedule C, self employed and S-Corp returns and the associated schedules is a solid foundation in which to build your career here at The Schlichting Group. Quickbooks, bookkeeping and or write-up experience will be a definite help in organizing and working with our clients.
Successful Traits we look for in our Candidates
- Strong communication skills with clients, staff and management.
- Strong data gathering skills via face to face interviews with client and / or utilizing electronic methods, fax, email, skype, etc.
- Organized, Detail Oriented, A strong ability to prioritize
- Team Oriented with a “can do” attitude
- Computer literate with ability to adapt to new programs
- A stable work history with employment references, all normal candidate screening processes are to be expected.
A candidate with strong fundamental skills has a great opportunity at our firm to build a successful career.
Compensation is Commensurate with experience, CPA’s and Enrolled Agents, EA’s are preferred, but experienced tax professionals will be considered. This is a production position. Compensation is a base salary with a production bonus. The greater the production, the more you make, you set the bar at where you want to be. Our work week is Monday through Friday. Benefits are available after 90 days.