Tax Preparation/Bookkeeping Team Leader
The abilities we seek in a Tax Department Manager Candidate are the following:
- At a minimum 5 years Tax Preparation experience &
- Minimum 2 years Tax Team Mangement experience
- Minimum 2 years QuickBooks, Bookeeping or Write Up experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the preparation and review of 1040′s with a heavy emphasis on self employed, 1120-S, 1120, 1065, etc.
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance of a high volume, production based, Tax Department Team and Bookkeeping Team
- Maintain quality control through review of tax teams returns
- Mentor, educate, elevate and strengthen the knowledge of the tax and bookkeeping team
- Implement standards and processes on an organizational level
- Foster healthy competition and a nurture a positive corporate culture
- Evaluate Review and/or Interview current tax team preparers and/or future candidates
- Provide reports, feedback and insight to management to provide the best tools possible for our tax prep and bookkeeping department
Other Requirements include:
- Experience preparing 1040, 1120, 1120-S, 1065 returns including all schedules necessary
- Strong communication with clients and staff
- Strong data gathering skills via face to face interviews with client and / or utilizing electronic methods, fax, email etc.
- Organized, Detail Oriented, A strong ability to prioritize
- Team Oriented with a ”can do” attitude
- Computer literate with ability to adapt to new programs
- A stable work history with employment references, background checks will be utilized
Compensation is Commensurate with experience, CPA’s and Enrolled Agents, EA’s are preferred, but experienced tax professionals will be considered. This is a management position. Compensation is a base salary with commissions based on personal and team production. The greater the production, the more you make, you set the bar at where you want to be. Our work week is Monday through Friday. Benefits are available after 90 days.